Alto Diablo Peak via ‘Duct Tape Ridge,’ Jan 17 2015

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Alto Diablo Peak via ‘Duct Tape Ridge,’ Jan 17 2015

Postby 63ChevyII » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:01 am

The toughest hike I've done in a while. The 26 lb pack at the trailhead and using snowshoes on a 30%+ grade made for a tiring day.

My trip report and the rest of the photos can be seen here:
Alto Diablo Peak via 'Duct Tape Ridge' Trip Report, Jan 17 2015

Some highlights:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Alto Diablo Peak via ‘Duct Tape Ridge,’ Jan 17 2015

Postby Sally » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Chevy! You've got a great blog going. I appreciate all the stats and details. You really know how to use a camera! Congrats on a job well done...that really is a steep route. Were any of the snowshoe tracks that Ellen, Marilyn, and I made still visible?
User avatar
Sally
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Temecula

Re: Alto Diablo Peak via ‘Duct Tape Ridge,’ Jan 17 2015

Postby 63ChevyII » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks Sally! I am hoping to create my own template at some point to personalize the look of the site, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with trail reports.

The snow was patchy for the first part of the ridge and I used my GPS to make sure I was headed the right direction.Your tracks were really visible above 8200 ft or so, and were a huge help. I think someone followed your tracks before I did, which made them more visible. Once I got near SB Peak Divide Trail, the tracks weren't easy to see, but it was obvious where I needed to go.
Image
63ChevyII
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 am


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests