Page 1 of 1

Black Friday Baldy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:07 am
by Hikin_Jim
I was on Baldy yesterday. Lovely day. Very nice in the sun, a bit cool in the shade. I was with my daughter, age 5, who likes to climb on everything, so I didn't summit.
Image

We just went to the ski hut. It was a rather proud moment for me as a hiking daddy; this was the first time my daughter did it all under her own power. This was at least her 4th time to the ski hut (that I can remember). Hiking all on her own is quite a difference from her first time when I carried her 100% of the way.
Image

The hut was open, so we got to go in.
Image

We saw some wild animals.
Image

Image

We saw some friends.
Image

And in some cases "wild" and "friends" were one and the same. ;)
Image

Five miles RT, about 2000' gain/loss. Not bad for a five year old (and her old man father!). ;)
GPS Track plotted on a topo

HJ

Re: Black Friday Baldy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:52 am
by Ellen
Howdy HJ :)

Now I am convinced that my sweat acts as big horn repellent :roll: Great pics.

And, you even spied the elusive Tina and Lilbitmo 8) Loved the facial expressions in the last picture.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

Re: Black Friday Baldy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Ellen wrote:Now I am convinced that my sweat acts as big horn repellent
Nah. They just can't stand the sight of blood. ;)

HJ