Page 1 of 2

Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 am
by zippetydude
Here's a shot of a bobcat over at Wildwood State Park behind my house in Yucaipa.


ImageDSCN9723 by zippetydude, on Flickr


Just thought I'd share it. Pretty kitty, huh? Incidentally, this is a handheld shot taken from a distance of about 150 yards with my favorite little superzoom. Love that camera!

z

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:39 am
by Andy
Wow what a great shot of magnificent animal Zip. Unfortunately an increasingly rare sight these days. I saw one of the largest Bobcats I'd ever witnessed last year near Culp Valley in Anza Borrego. I love knowing that these guys are still out there, if even in smaller numbers.

Thanks!

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 am
by Hikin_Jim
Pretty nice shot, Zip.

HJ

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 pm
by KathyW
How beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 pm
by arocknoid
Schweet shot, mang!
Fine looking feline.

and if that's at 150 yds., tis a heckuva camera. (and a good eye for spotting the spotted bobster.)

kind regards,
arocknoid

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 am
by Ric Capucho
150 yards? I'd take a *huge* zoom telephoto and make it more like 450 yards.

Fabulous shot of a fabulous animal!

Ric

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:30 pm
by zippetydude
Yeah, that little camera is my baby. It's a Nikon P600 Superzoom. It takes very good quality pictures (as long as I have enough light) and has an effective optical zoom of 1440mm or 60x closer. Here's one I took of the moon:

Image14706678809_fd6279501a_k - Edited by zippetydude, on Flickr

One of the sun:

ImageDSCN9546 by zippetydude, on Flickr

And two I took of the sign at Poopout Hill, one with no zoom:

ImageDSCN9265 by zippetydude, on Flickr

And one zoomed in. Note the grain of the wood and the specks of dirt you can see:

ImageDSCN9271 by zippetydude, on Flickr

Handheld shots come out remarkably sharp because of it's advanced optical stabilizer so that hand motion is neutralized. Small, light, and tons of fun for nature and wildlife photography!

z

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Wow. Nice moon shot.

HJ

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:44 pm
by arocknoid
Dramatic photo of the sun, Zip, with those cloud layers. Sounds foolish for me to say it, but it evokes the essence of thermonuclear.

The lunar photo is incredibly sharp and detailed. Good camera indeed, wielded with a keen eye.

Tudo bem!

Re: Here Kitty Kitty!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:48 pm
by HH8
Hikin_Jim wrote:Wow. Nice moon shot.

HJ


After all the flack you got about the "article of female clothing", you had the chutzpa to say this?!