Page 1 of 1

The far side of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:41 pm
by scotts
I did some more hiking at Agua Tibia Wilderness last week, again on the Dripping Springs trail. The weather was overcast to partly cloudy and maxed out around 60F. My 4 hour turn around had me on the Palomar Magee trail on the far side of Agua Tibia peak. I came across 3 other parties this time. Can't always have the mountain to myself. :D

Some photos:

Fall color along Arroyo Seco
Image

Set the controls for the heart of the sun
Image

New (to me) plantlife
Image

Manzanita scat (not mine) (Still I apologize.)
Image

Reached a pine tree! (I am easily pleased.)
Image

Slope forested with pine and oak
Image

Earthbound mylar spirit
Image

View from/to the south west
Image

Agua Tibia Peak up there somewhere
Image

Turned around here, short of Crosley Saddle
Image

San Jacinto across the clouds
Image

Re: The far side of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:56 pm
by Sally
The Dripping Springs trailhead is less than 15 minutes from my house, and your pics, Scott, remind me that I need to take advantage of that more often. Thanks for sharing!

Just yesterday as we were enjoying animal tracks in the snow on Skyline, I was telling Ellen and Marilyn about the wide variety of animal tracks I saw in the snow on the Dripping Springs trail on one of those rare occasions when the snow level drops really low. It's a nice winter trail!

Re: The far side of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:01 pm
by Sally
Oh yeah, I should mention that I have been wanting to do Eagle Crag in the Agua Tibia Wilderness for a long time, but am not sure how to go about it. Have you ever been on Eagle Crag, Scott?

Re: The far side of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:53 am
by KathyW
You can do a nice long loop (sort of) that includes Eagle Crag: http://kathywing.smugmug.com/California ... gua-Tibia/ A very pretty area when the weather is cool.

Re: The far side of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:41 am
by scotts
Hi Sally,

It's a good trail to have close by. I'm in Oceanside, so it's a bit of a drive.
I haven't been to Eagle Crag. My second to last photo was pointed in that direction.
I'll keep a lookout for snow as it gets colder/wetter.

Hi Kathy,

I'm working up to do the Dripping Springs/Wild Horse loop. ONe of these times.

cheers,
Scott