Page 1 of 1

The slopes of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 am
by scotts
I went to Agua Tibia Wilderness to get some hiking in last Wednesday. Heavy cloud cover from the west made for a cool, misty hike. The Dripping Springs trail was well maintained (as far as I got). No overgrowth. No ticks were found.

My turnaround time of 3 hours left me just short of the Palomar Magee junction, with a total hike distance of ~11.7 miles and 3216 elevation. Nary a soul was encountered on the trail. Here are some snapshots:

Arroyo Seco, just beyond the trailhead.
Image

Image

Breakfast on the trail.
Image

Getting into some tall chaparral.
Image

Wild cucumber pod. Delicious!
Image

There was shrubbery everywhere.
Image

The main ridgeline eludes me. Next time!
Image

Hiking down, San Jacinto and SG in the distance.
Image

GPS track in google earth.
Image

I celebrated with a tin of sardines and 4 ak-maks. :D

Re: The slopes of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm
by greatshaitan
Beautiful pictures. My favorite trail and hiking it on a cloudy day is the perfect way!

Re: The slopes of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 pm
by scotts
Thanks greatshaitan. I was surprised how nice it is up there.

We'll keep it a secret. :lol:

Re: The slopes of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 pm
by Ellen
Howdy All :)

Sister Sally loves Aqua Tibia also --now I see why 8)

Sorry GreatShaitan and Scotts but the secret may be out :wink:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

Re: The slopes of Agua Tibia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:21 pm
by scotts
:D Hey Ellen,

A couple of Sally's TRs and greatshaitans loop TR awhile back put me onto Agua Tibia in the first place.

I think the big kids need to stay over on San Jacinto though. :lol: :lol: