Page 1 of 1

Crater Lake National Park

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:52 pm
by HistoricalExplorer
Wandered to the top of Mt Scott in Crater Lake National Park last week. Beautiful weather and quite a few people on the mountain - for a weekday. The smoke in the background was coming off a forest fire in the park to the right of the view shown here. An inversion was holding the smoke well below the lake. More details when I eventually get the story together at http://explore.globalcreations.com. On the way out, I stopped by the Phantom Ship and shot a timelapse. See it here: http://explore.globalcreations.com/places/phantom-ship/

H.E.

Lake1000wide.jpg
The view from the top.

Re: Crater Lake National Park

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:40 pm
by HH8
most views are taken from the rim of the crater - I like this better

Re: Crater Lake National Park

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 pm
by plockwoo
I hiked Mt Scott many years ago in the spring, before the snowmelt. It required an ice axe, which kept the casual hikers away, so we had it all to ourselves. Crater Lake is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. The only negative for us was the mosquitos were incredibly thick. Maybe that's just a spring thing though.

Re: Crater Lake National Park

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:23 pm
by climbant
I did Mt. Scott while I was a teen, no snow, but brutally cold and windy. I think I left my lips up there, worth it though.