Page 1 of 1
problems posting pictures

Posted:
Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:17 am
by towbradley
I'm having problems posting pictures on commentaries. I'm getting file too big notification. And this is for just one picture. Can someone help? Thanks
Re: problems posting pictures

Posted:
Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:21 am
by tekewin
I think the maximum upload file size is set to 1 MB. Most raw camera images are larger than that. You could edit your picture to a lower resolution to reduce the file size or just link to it with the IMG tag if you have already uploaded it to one of the free image hosting web sites like Picassa, Photobucket, or Flickr. I use Photobucket, but there are many good options.
Re: problems posting pictures

Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:54 pm
by towbradley
Thanks, must work on getting getting this dialed in.
Re: problems posting pictures

Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:20 pm
by Perry
This may turn into another project... It would be nice to just click and upload original camera files, but there's a risk that large files could bog down the whole forum. With software modification, there may be a good balance between convenience and speed...
If you upload elsewhere, you can click on "Img" and paste code to show images here.
Re: problems posting pictures

Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:09 pm
by Perry
Here's an image that I resized to 50% using GIMP (free software):
The file size was reduced to about a quarter of the original, with not much loss of detail because the original was grainy, as are most images taken with compact cameras. If you can reduce the file size below 1MB (1,024K), it should upload directly here.
Re: problems posting pictures

Posted:
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 am
by towbradley
Thanks Perry,