Page 1 of 2

Follow Ellen and friends on the Alps Haute route

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:57 pm
by Ellen
Howdy All,

Sally, Marilyn, Liz, Heather, Regina and I will be hiking the Haute route in the Alps. We'll start the trans Alps trek on Thursday June 26 and fly back on Wednesday July 9. You can follow our progress on my SPOT shared page.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... M9qss1pPNN

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:58 pm
by arocknoid
May you all have a spectacular and glorious time! Look forward to tales of the adventure.

stay safe,
kind regards,
Arocknoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 am
by Pitownpi
Have fun on the Alps High Route.
my last time in Alps...
ImageBagging another peak over 14,600!!!

would be interesting to compare to PCT hikes...
wonder how much snow is left in the Alps these days?

Tschuss!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:56 am
by Sally
Woo hoo! I'm SO ready!

Thanks, 'noid and pi, I will try to send some pics to the board as we go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:59 am
by Sally
When were those pics taken, pi?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:23 am
by Pitownpi
sally; getting old memmory fading.... :oops:
pics from Christmas/New Year 1995 or 1996 plus or minus...

i was based overseas germany/cis and met my brother in Amsterdam.
we partied and took Euro-rail down from there, maybe that's why I can't remember exactly :roll:
will have to look it up now, time flies, wow!

should be a great trip!
I was glad to be blessed with such travel opportunities!
being an Army brat helped!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:59 am
by Sally
Sounds like good times, pi!

My parents took me to Europe when I was 13. We took the cable cars to the Zugspitze and Mount Pilatus. I vowed then that I would return someday to do a REAL hike in the Alps. So here I am, 45 years later...!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am
by Hikin_Jim
Pretty cool, Sally.

My dreams are the JMT and SHR. We'll see.

HJ

Follow Ellen and friends on the Haute route

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:16 pm
by Cy Kaicener
Here is a very scenic video

http://haute-route.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:31 pm
by zippetydude
Thanks for the link Cy, I had no idea it was that beautiful. That's now my suggestion for where we need to do a get together. Wow.

z