Kearsarge Pass to Baxter Pass (trip report)

Posted:
Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:19 pm
by eric1234
3-day backpack over memorial day weekend
peaks: Bago Buddy Peak, Mt. Baxter, Acrodectes Peak, Oak Peak
According to the register, Oak Peak had not been climbed in 42 years.
http://peaksforfreaks.blogspot.com/2014 ... ectes.html

Posted:
Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:27 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Fascinating Trip Report, Eric. I was just through there 2 days ago, and it looks very different. There's far less snow at Rae Lakes.
Pretty cool that you found an old Andy Smatko peak register.
HJ

Posted:
Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:55 pm
by eric1234
Wow. Cant believe all that snow melted off in a little over 2 weeks! Those lakes should still be frozen right now on an "average" year.

Posted:
Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:25 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Barely any snow at all below 11,000', and no significant snow until about 11,200'. Glen Pass will probably be clear by the end of the month.
I was shocked to see that Charlotte Lake was frozen only 2 weeks before I got there. It was so temperate when I got there. I was wandering around in shorts and flip flops.
HJ

Posted:
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:28 am
by zippetydude
What a beautiful area! Nice job roaming around out there, you sure found some amazing views. If they look that good in pics they must have been breathtaking in person. Nice pics and TR!
z