Page 1 of 1

Solace of the mountains -- Cucamonga wilderness with Sally

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 pm
by Ellen
Howdy All :)

I had to euthanize my favorite cat last Tuesday. Sister Sally kindly went hiking with me on Wednesday to raise my spirits.

We got a very early start (5 AM) to beat the heat and (hopefully) see Arocknoid's mythical big horn sheep :wink:

Image

Sally on Cucamonga. The clouds were unexpected and appreciated.

Image

My home range on the right.

Image

Looking at Baldy from the summit of Etiwanda, our lunch spot.

Image

Looking towards Cucamonga as we're descending Etiwanda.

Image

Do you see the heart shape on the mountain (Timber?) in the front of Baldy?

Image

The Ontario ridge line. No wonder it seems to take forever to get to Ontario peak from the Big Horn/Ontario junction.

Image

Looking to the right of the Ontario ridge with the San Gabriel's in the background.

On our way down, we ran into many cute doggies. Sally is put together a Cucamonga wildflower album. Perhaps I should start "Dogs of the Cucamonga and Baldy wilderness." :lol:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:45 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Sorry to hear the kitty used up all nine and need to move on. :(

Great photos from what looks like a great trip. This photo (below) is phenomenal.
Image

How is Mr. 'Noid anyway? I haven't seen him post lately (although I myself haven't been around a lot lately either).

HJ

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:48 pm
by Sally
Hiking with a good friend is the best medicine! I'm very grateful that I am able to be there for my friend, and that we have beautiful mountains nearby to heal us.

Here is my collection of flora in the Cucamonga Wilderness. It is a work in progress. I would very much appreciate any help I can get in identifying the flowers and feel free to set me straight on any that I may have mislabeled.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1009477359 ... directlink