Moymer 9 Peak Loop

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Moymer 9 Peak Loop

Postby travis99 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:35 pm

Did a great hike Sunday up Moymer, hit 9 peaks (excluding Mnt San Gorgonio, including Dobbs Peak) and down Dobbs west ridge, it was great. Here is my trip report.

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/347910/San-Bernardino-Mountains-9-Peak-Loop.html
travis99

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Great hike, Travis. That route down from Dobbs has got to be tough on the quads & knees. Been wanting to do Dobbs but haven't gotten to it just yet. Good TR. Congrats on your achievement.

Saw Rick's GPS track. Un-freakin-believable. Do you know where his start stop point was? S Fork TH? That's got to be some kind of record. I've never even considered doing all seventeen of the 10k'ers in the SGW in one hike. Like I say, un-freakin-believable.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby magikwalt » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Rick Kent's "Day Hike" was a 38 miler that took him just under 17 hours. Seems he made a loop of it by parking at the South Fork TH. He started there by hiking through the woods directly to the Forsee Creek TH. Took him about 40 minutes or so. Makes the ridge a little after 7:00am and loops to pickup SB Peak, SB E Peak and then westward to pickup the balance.

He has a nice trip report and a ton of photos at http://www.rickkent.net/ViewerPlus/view ... lderID=641

Wow! What a day.
magikwalt

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Just a little walk in the park...you know, a warm up. :shock:

Yeah, Cy had posted something about that. Pretty dad gum phenomenal. His photos are amazing too -- how did take so many photos AND do all that hiking? I saw my signature and Ellen's in a couple of the summit registers, which was kind of fun.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics