Page 1 of 1

Mt. Barnard & Trojan Peak via George Creek Report &

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:03 am
by calicokat
John and I bushwacked ourselves up George Creek to climb Mt. Barnard (13,990', GPS showed 14,006' hmmm) and Trojan Peak (13,950').

Moon setting as we drive up the bumby road
Image

George Creek
Image

Image

Image

Image

Early morning light on our route to the Barnard/Trojan bowl
Image

Snow slopes were getting soft
Image

Mt. Barnard from the bowl
Image

Mt. Williamson dwarfing Trojan Peak
Image

Mt. Brewer
Image

Great Western Divide
Image

Mt. Whitney, Wallace Lake and Wales Lake
Image

Mt. Tyndall Peaking Out
Image

Mt. Barnard From The Slopes Of Trojan
Image

Mt. Tyndall and Williamson Bowl
Image

Looking South From Trojan's Summit
Image

All the photos can be found here: http://calicokat.smugmug.com/Hiking/Sie ... 740_k5bpSd

Mt Barnard and Trojan Pk via George Creek

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:23 am
by Cy Kaicener
Thanks for sharing. I cant believe so little snow in Mid May.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 am
by Hikin_Jim
Nice stuff, CC! GPS elevations are notoriously inaccurate, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. GPS is good for horizontal positioning, but not so much for vertical.

I'm with you, Cy. It's weird to see so little snow. It looks like July. :(

HJ

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:21 am
by zippetydude
Wow! I especially like your shots of the early morning light and the Great Western Divide. Looks like a great trip!

z

GPS altitude

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm
by RichardK
Super pictures! Thanks for posting.

For a brief discussion of GPS altitude accuracy, see here:

http://gpsinformation.net/main/altitude.htm