Page 1 of 1

Sheep charge; kids do learn from their home life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:46 pm
by arocknoid
Retrospecting pics from 2013, thought I'd put up some of a certain behavior I had seen but not photographed before. (includes a reveal during an ambiguous posture, too.)

Please chime in if any of you have seen this before.

For brevity, I'll include only a few comments--no droning on sheep natural history, behavior etc. (sorry Ellen, not adding to the Cliff's notes compendium for now ;)

Subunit trio:

Image

Posture, Trigger:
Image

closeup, confirm
Image

Oh yeah?
Image

"Heyyy! Starboard!!"*
Image

Conservation, Law
Image
(Newton 3?)

"I'm OK"
Image

"Did what I saw just happen? Faduqizzat. Checkitout."
Image

"Dang. Like the British phrase, taking the..."
Image

"I see what you did there. Kidzeedo.."
Image

"Line up from the side. even better, you're looking away..."
Image

"Ready, aim...."
Image

"Discretion is the better part of stupidity. I think I'll just have anothe"r snack.
Image

OK, refer to Cliff note 5a; what I did and why:
Image

Why 5a is OK, to habituate them to ease of presence. "Oh, it's just a Dalek.":
Image



*(check out the Sea Shepherd ramming this week, those of you who sail or boat)

thanks for looking,
kind regards,
arocknoid

errata

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 pm
by arocknoid
errata:

cut and paste was garbled, and UBB disallows edit.
should read:
"Discretion is the better part of stupidity. I think I'll just mill about smartly."

da noid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 am
by zippetydude
Como vai noidazinho? (That's Portuguese for "How's it going?" with "noid" being put into the diminutive indicating familiarity. The "zinho" would be pronounced "zeenyoo" in English.)

Interesting post. I take it they have etiquette while dining just like we do. Kinda like a human mom telling her kid to get his feet off the table, only it's "Don't pee on the grass we're eating, stupid!" Something like that?

You catch some fascinating moments! Thanks for the post.

z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:52 pm
by Ellen
Howdy "Noid :)

Thanks so much for the wonderful big horn pictures and commentary. I've had a bad bout of gastroenteritis and haven't hiked since last Saturday, so especially enjoyed your latest "wild kingdom" post 8)

To steal a page from Z's book -- sez mom big horn to her little horn, "Do not eat the damp yellow grass" :P

Howdy Z :)

Hope your knee heals quickly.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:44 pm
by arocknoid
Hey there, zippety, hope your knee has a rapid and especially *full* recovery.
I did not know you are a polyglot; interdasting that lĂ­ngua portuguesa is common to "Zs" on the board--yourself and Ze. He of course learned in Brasil; and you?

Ellen, sorry to hear of your gastroenteritis. And here we didn't even know you had taken a cruise. (sorry... ;-) Get well soon. The mountains miss you, and we need our regular Ellen reports "Now with fotos splendidos!"

Thanks for the comments on the pics of these boisterous beasties.

Now join in for snow dance and chants.
Snow, please. Bigtime.

kind regards,
arocknoid