Batsignal for zippety, and pushmipullyu in OC--pot pourri

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Batsignal for zippety, and pushmipullyu in OC--pot pourri

Postby arocknoid » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Look, up in the sky, itsa:

Image

no, not that (an egret at Xmas)--itsa:

Image
(raptor lunch guest)-OK, a *boid*

No, itsa:

Image
(Mooney @ San Jac)

No. "Listen; wait for it," sez Radar O'Reilly--itsa:

Image
(chopper on Baldy)

Image

OK, what I *really* saw musta been the work of The Mighty Speedy Zipster,

also known as

Zippetydude (clickie)

Image


Now that Hikin' Jim is in the OC, he'll have Plenty of New to keep an eye out for. ("Arrant pedantry" ref...)
Here's a pic of two brothers I kept track of earlier in the year. Had to coax their attention to get the pushmipullyu position for the shot:

Image

'Twere taken not far from here, in the generally Madjestic area:

Image

Dat brush is plenty tick:
Image


And if you get too far back late in the summer day, the Sheriff will check on your status. A friendly wave of a suitable challenge coin and they'll wave you buh-bye. No fragrant badge needed fer de vagrant migrant. (Yellow hat optional sez Alfonso Bedoya. ;)
Image

Retrospecting the years photos; furred and feathered friends TK.

kind regards,
arocknoid
User avatar
arocknoid
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Postby zippetydude » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:50 am

On our way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ShXK9gC7Ew


Hey, I hadn't seen many posts lately from you and was beginning to develop a noid void! I liked the Z signal, I woulda recognized it anywhere! I've got a couple of interesting sky shots I ought to post that you'd probably enjoy. I'll try to get to that later, but it's kind of a lazy day, so I'll probably Dolittle. Just a Dab-Dab of work, but not Too-Too much. Chee-Chee whiz, look at the time! To the Bat cave, Robin!

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests