Wild Horse Peak, Agua BM, Eagle Crag, Agua Tibia Mtn

Posted:
Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:20 pm
by eric1234
When its too warm in the desert and snow conditions suck in the Sierras, its time to bust out the local hikes.
http://peaksforfreaks.blogspot.com/2014 ... eagle.html

Posted:
Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:34 pm
by Sally
Thanks for the TR Eric. The Dripping Springs TH is less than 15 minutes from my house. I have taken the Dripping Springs Trail many times, and the Wildhorse Trail a few times. I prefer the Dripping Springs trail because it a) has less bush-whacking and poison oak, b) doesn't keep losing elevation, c) is prettier (except on a good spring day as Wildhorse has more wildflowers).
My previous attempts to make a big loop of it have failed because of lack of confidence in my navigational skills and running out of daylight.
Your TR has rekindled my desire to do it. I've been wanting to do Eagle Crag For a LONG time!

Posted:
Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 pm
by Andy
Eric, it looks like you had a beautiful day on the mountain. I can't believe how green it is up there after such a dry spell. I was surprised to see my entry on the Eagle Crag register "Andy and Sydney(my dog) 5/24/08". Not much traffic up there. Thanks again for the pics and write up.
Re: Wild Horse Peak, Agua BM, Eagle Crag, Agua Tibia Mtn

Posted:
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:18 pm
by HH8
eric1234 wrote:Even though many people had described this peak as a horrible bushwhack, we didn't think it was that bad (although it could be, if one were to deviate from the route).

Hiker appears submerged in regrowth here.
You’ve got some mighty nuts, boy.

Posted:
Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:21 pm
by arocknoid
Thanks for the TR and pics, eric.
HH8 sez,
You’ve got some mighty nuts, boy.
dadgum filbert weevils...