Page 1 of 1

Dobbs, Jepson, San Gorgonio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:55 pm
by Ellen
Howdy All :)

I know I'm in a rut, but it's a good rut :lol: Headed up with Cindy on Friday. It was great to not have an encounter with the gate keeper prior to the hike :wink: We ran into a really nice group of guys in the parking lot going up Vivian and said we'd see them on top.

Cindy and I couldn't believe the warm weather -- we were sweating buckets heading up to Dobbs. I swapped my long sleeved shirt for a t-shirt and applied sunscreen to my arms but kept the bottom on my convertible pants.

I tried to talk Cindy out of Jepson (I was knackered) but she would have none of it :lol: What a difference compared to when we summited Jepson in a white out the Friday after Thanksgiving. Sadly, there was little to no snow :cry:

Image

View west from Jepson

Image

Cindy coming up to Jepson

Image

View north from Jepson

Image

View of the north side of San Gorgonio from Jepson

Image

Looking southwest from Jepson

Image

Cindy playing in the snow.

Image

View of the north chutes of San G from the top of the Big Draw

Image

Looking at my home range of San Jacinto from the summit of San Gorgonio

Image

Looking north from summit of San G.

Image

BOLO for these two women...

Image

Coming down from San Gorgonio -- great view of the ocean.

Image

Dragon's Head is calling...


Image

Not much snow on the Yucaipa ridge

Image

Image

Sunset over the valley

We did meet the friendly gentlemen again at the peak -- turns out they spent a few unintended nights on San Gorgonio. I recalled that Ryan (center) was referred to as the "MacGuyver" of their group.

Image

A great day with a wonderful friend. I was totally knackered at the end of our 12 hour day. We enjoyed a good meal at Mill Creek Cattle Company before heading home. Thanks to Cindy for driving and encouraging me to go the extra steps.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:39 pm
by JayO
I always did look forward to reading your adventures, but now it seems like a such an added bonus to have pictures, too!

Here's to another (stress-free?) Happy New Year of hiking outings!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm
by Hikin_Jim
So are those the same guys that got "lost" several months ago coming down from San G? The guys who were found over in the N Fork drainage?

Ellen wrote:I... kept the bottom on my convertible pants.
Ellen, the world is a better place for you having kept your bottom on your pants. I mean I'm all for impressive natural views, but there has just got to be a limit. ;) :lol:

Nice hike.

HJ