Debate OWS forecasts

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Postby MachineHead » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Oh, and if you can find a magnetic charge particle, let me know, K.
MachineHead

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:38 pm

I expert in Southern California weather not quakes. Quakes is a "side thing" for me. My field is weather.

Also my terms I use is to show other agencies I know what I'm talking about. It also has taught the public about weather and sparked interest in many people that visit the site to learn more.
www.ontarioweatherservice.com

Admin note: This is a private weather forecasting service and is not associated with National Weather Service or Ontario International Airport.
OntarioWeatherService

Postby physicslord » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:49 pm

OntarioWeatherService wrote:I expert in Southern California weather not quakes.
physicslord

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:52 pm

Yes.
And who cares how it is said. I don't care much for typing everything out. As long as I can speak fine it's all good.

Admin note: This is a private weather forecasting service and is not associated with National Weather Service or Ontario International Airport.
OntarioWeatherService

Postby MachineHead » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Also, just FYI, generally when you say your theory was "Published" you mean it was accepted by a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

Putting your theory on your own website is not we were refering to when we said you should try to get your theory "published".

Just so you know... :wink:
MachineHead

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:57 pm

I know. But what I put on my site is published, or protected. It's also on a few other sites education wise to stamp it in place as I continue to work on it.

OntarioWeatherService

Postby MachineHead » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:04 pm

Hmm. Ok.
So where is it published? (Keep what I said in my previous post in mind before you answer this one...) :wink:
MachineHead

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:08 pm

The quake one not yet because it's not a full on thing yet. It's a theory of mine i'll be working on and seeing if there's merit.

OntarioWeatherService

Postby HikeUp » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:17 pm

OntarioWeatherService wrote:The quake one not yet because it's not a full on thing yet. It's a theory of mine i'll be working on and seeing if there's merit.

Then asking a bunch of hikers for their opinion is also how I would go about ascertaining merit.

In science, you are wrong until proven right. Your plan to see if there is merit first seems to be a good one, but your execution seems lacking.

You've gotten mostly criticism so far and have not responded to it satisfactorily, so you'll probably keep receiving it. This is a forum for hiking and weather forecasts are greatly appreciated - thanks. If you go beyond that, be prepared to back up anything you say on any subject you bring up.
Last edited by HikeUp on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HikeUp

Postby Local Guy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:19 pm

I thought I'd never say this but -

Mojarro, you're a friggin' SAINT!
Local Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics