Debate OWS forecasts

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Jim Berkland is a personal friend dude.

I am on his site, and we always talk back and forth. I will be in the new book Cal Orey is writing as well for my predictions. The same author that wrote his book. I'll be in for predicting from geomagnetic, and weather.

http://www.syzygyjob.com//index.php?opt ... &Itemid=35

Jim's site.

I am Kevin Martin on there. I do not need to say anymore to back myself up.
www.ontarioweatherservice.com

Admin note: This is a private weather forecasting service and is not associated with National Weather Service or Ontario International Airport.
OntarioWeatherService

Postby AlanK » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:17 pm

OntarioWeatherService wrote:I do not need to say anymore to back myself up.

You came on to this site and told people you can predict earthquakes. No one solicited that.

Now you say you don't have to back yourself up.

You can't have it both ways. People will lose interest, or already have. And life will return to normal.

We can actually talk about hiking!
AlanK

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Found a possible trigger way to predict them by geomagnetics. Not ALL quakes.

Hiking involves quakes. Wouldn't want to have the big one hit and be hiking.
tree fall on me i'd be uh scared. Or walking along a cliff and the ground shifts you fall over..ouch.

Admin note: This is a private weather forecasting service and is not associated with National Weather Service or Ontario International Airport.
OntarioWeatherService

Postby physicslord » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:39 pm

OntarioWeatherService wrote:Jim Berkland is a personal friend dude.

I am on his site, and we always talk back and forth. I will be in the new book Cal Orey is writing as well for my predictions. The same author that wrote his book. I'll be in for predicting from geomagnetic, and weather.

http://www.syzygyjob.com//index.php?opt ... &Itemid=35

Jim's site.

I am Kevin Martin on there. I do not need to say anymore to back myself up.

You missed my point. Jim Berkland is not a respected scientist. He is considered a crackpot by most geologists. He's appeared on Coast to Coast AM for god sakes. That right there should be enough to tell you something is terribly wrong with him.

You being "friends" with him does not make you any more credible.

Same as me being friends with Jillian Barbarie would make me a better forecaster of the weather.
physicslord

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 pm

You must remember something. Sometimes the most insane ideas and people end up being right in the future.

Jim predicts with missing pets, tides, and the moon,sun,earth relations known as a syzygy.
Do you realize that the geologists are only not thinking outside of the box. Same with Meteorologists

I had a wind advisory out for the High Desert regions since 12am this morning. NWS had nothing then and now does in Barstow. It needs to be in the Antelope Valley as well, into Hesperia and Apple Valley. I don't use their techniques for my forecasts either.
Same with red flag warnings. My fire center takes them out as well and puts them to shame. People don't check NWS that much through the day and I provide a morning forecast to last the day and evening/overnight.
http://www.ontarioweatherservice.com/fwsfc.html

I developed my own research on it. This is what separates the normal scientists from the gifted ones.

Jim is just like me but in Geology. I am highly good at weather forecasting using my own ways, and Jim is good using his ways.

Outside the box is the key.

OntarioWeatherService

Postby HikeUp » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:48 pm

OntarioWeatherService wrote:Hiking involves quakes. Wouldn't want to have the big one hit and be hiking.
tree fall on me i'd be uh scared. Or walking along a cliff and the ground shifts you fall over..ouch.

That's stretching it a bit, don't you think? Weather & hiking are related, but not earthquakes & hiking.

Seems all you are doing is using this site to pimp/promote your website, increasing your web traffic and thus increasing revenue from any ads that may be on your site (I haven't seen your site so I am speculating on this last point).
HikeUp

Postby OntarioWeatherService » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:02 pm

I haven't checked the ad stuff, however I have 2 million on average a month that visit after being in the paper and on CBS news several times so I don't look for traffic.
Who cares if I promote it. People can get a better forecast than the NWS provides in Southern California

Why? Because I am native here and they are not. They sit in their office all day and don't do on field research./ Cold nights I have spent doing on field research near the mountain passes to document the Santa Ana Winds while they sit there and east donuts/pizza, drink soda all day. Yes I know it for a fact, I visited the office a couple years back and they did that. I asked if it's daily, answer was yes, provided by the budget.

And earthquakes and hiking are related. Earthquakes effect the ground, from which you hike on.

OntarioWeatherService

Postby HikeUp » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:11 pm

mmm...donuts.

I'll let you know after my hike this weekend if the ground was shaking. So, is it supposed to be earthquake weather this weekend?

On a more serious note...good luck.
HikeUp

Postby Local Guy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:26 pm

I just have one question for Kevin (ok, maybe several).

Have you ever hiked up any of the 3 Southern California biggies (Baldy, San G, or San Jac)? Have you ever hiked the 9 peaks trail, or better yet, can you even name the peaks that make up the 9 peaks trail? Do you even own a pair of hiking boots?

I don't mean to come off sounding snoody , but it seems you've decided to bombard this forum (like so many other forums out there) with you arrogant attitude and wild claims, yet so far you haven't really had anything of value to add here nor have you been able to show that you share the same interest as folks who use the forum.

I too enjoy the weather, but I also enjoy the outdoors! Like many people here, I've hiked Baldy, Gorgonio, and San Jacinto many times (in seasons other than summer I might add). I've hiked the 9 peaks trail in one day, backcountry skied in the wilderness, spent many nights out under the stars, and even woke up to a temperature of 8 degrees at Dry Lake during a winter backpacking trip.

It's great that you want to hone your forecasting skills and share with everyone your excitement for the weather (and apparently geophysics as well). You just can't go around cramming it down people's throats though, especially when you're on unrelated forums such as this. People come here to discuss the wilderness and wilderness related topics. Sure some discussions are off topic, but most members share certain interests. If they want your opinion, your theories, and your information, they'll go to your website (and your personal message board).
Local Guy

Postby AlanK » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:28 pm

Here's some more free advice before I bow out of this carnage.

My comments about publishing were serious. I don't believe that you have a viable theory, but that is not important. In order to get your work taken seriously, you need to subject it to peer review and criticism. You claim on your site that your theories are published. They aren't. You printed them on your Web site. Calling that "published" is like a sandlot player saying he is in the Major Leagues. It's fantasy. That is one of several warning bells that you should not be taken seriously by anyone. If you want to be taken seriously, you can correct that.

My second piece of advice is even more basic. If you want to be taken seriously, learn to communicate in standard English. There are many ways to do this. Even if you did not finish high school, you can get a GED. It'll pay huge dividends, no matter what you choose to do.
AlanK

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics