Page 1 of 1

Graffiti in Joshua Tree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm
by physicslord
Has this kinda thing been going on all along, and the media is reporting it more often, or is there some kind of general loss of respect for nature going on.

Scratching my head why you would plan a trip to a National Park, and bring along spray paint? :roll:


http://www.mydesert.com/article/20130408/NEWS0801/304080035/Joshua-Tree-area-hit-by-vandals-sealed-off

Re: Graffiti in Joshua Tree

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:20 am
by HH8
physicslord wrote:why you would plan a trip to a National Park, and bring along spray paint?


Because you think of it as a "park" rather than an
"area of less police"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:05 pm
by neverwashasbeen
I've been hiking Rattlesnake Canyon for more years than I'd like to admit and this is something new. I hope that they are able to prosecute the culprits to the fullest extent of the law. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm
by physicslord
Several years back someone tagged rocks on the Mist Trail in Yosemite National Park. It was the craziest thing I'd heard at the time.

Now it seems like we're having a major vandalism event every couple weeks. Most recently it was the Barker Dam area of Joshua Tree.

It's frustrating to say the least.