Page 1 of 1

Banff - what I did on my summer vacation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm
by HH8
Image

Drove to Banff, the first Canadian national park.
Parks Canada
Wildflowers were incredible – mosquitoes and horseflies too.
Met good people.
Peaceful lakes, tall trees, alpine meadows, exciting waterfalls.
Snowmelt everywhere.
Bonnet glacier blew me away.
Met loon, bald eagle, marmots, porcupine, trout, bighorn sheep and elk, but not grizzly.
There were types of trees and flowers and fungus I never saw before.
Post hike hot springs.
The wide open spaces vacuumed out the tedium and worries of daily existence.
I’m feeling very vacated now :-)

Full story on my flickr page
Banff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 am
by Hikin_Jim
Nice. I've been to Banff several times for XC skiing as well as in the summer. It's a great area.

Got any photos?

HJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:03 am
by Lermo
Epic Photos & Trip! I gotta go to Banff! Maybe to the Calgary Stampede too!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am
by zippetydude
Great trip, thanks for sharing that. I especially liked pics 128 and 619 - amazing rock formations. Looks like you got off the beaten route too, some of those pics are from some beautiful back country. I'm tempted to go if I can find a no-mosquito year!

z

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:12 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Oh, I see, you do have photos. For whatever reason, Flickr doesn't show up right on my computer. :roll:

HJ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:24 pm
by arocknoid
Merci beaucoup for the post and pics.

This does not look fun:

Image

but this looks magnificent:



Image


this, too, especially the contrast of textures. And what pleasant winding trails!

Image


--begging pardon for posting the screen-stretching size, but those two landscapes demand it.

Your journey looks like it would revitalize the most burned out cinderfied kaBob.

kind regards,

arocknoid, a salubriously envious lifeform

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:09 pm
by Sally
I would like to award you "1st place' for the best TR and pics of the summer, HH8! Thanks for sharing that. A great read, indeed! It was cool seeing stuff you don't see down here, like the porcupine and all those fungi and mushrooms. I enjoyed the wildflowers and geological features, too. It's a different world up there north of the border!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:41 pm
by HH8
Sally wrote:Thanks for sharing that.


I wanted to give something back. You all motivate me.