Page 1 of 1

San Gorgonio 9 Peak Challenge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm
by Wild
Howdy,

Another trip to share.. The 9 Peak Challenge was something I'd been wanting to do for a while now. I was happy to get it done as well as spending another great weekend in the wilderness!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1086639589 ... Challenge#

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Nice. Looks like you went up Vivian and down Momyer Creek? And where did you overnight? Limber Pine Bench? High Meadow? Interesting route!

HJ

Re: San Gorgonio 9 Peak Challenge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:02 pm
by HH8
Wild wrote:The 9 Peak Challenge


Like Jim said, what/where the heck is this:
Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm
by Wild
Jim, we camped somewhere near San Bernardino East peak.. just found some good ground and threw the sleeping bags on the floor and passed out..

HH8, that strange looking metal thing was between san G and Jepson peaks.

Splendid hike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:25 pm
by arocknoid
Great photos; thanks for taking the time to post 'em.

Tough break with the heel wounds. The worst part is that they won't get a chance to heal well till you get a break from hiking. Satellite blisters on the heel, too, plus a rub on the Achilles. Yikes!

Image

There are some good strategies of dressings to help you continue hiking for the nonce, but you should reassess your footwear/socks both for the short term and post-healing. How was it for you with the subsequent San Jac peakbagging? Hope the heels are doing well over the interval.

Re: Splendid hike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:40 am
by HH8
arocknoid wrote: heel wounds


I haven't had any since you guys on the forum told me about "Happy Feet" shoe inserts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 am
by Wild
Haha, yeah I really needed new shoes.. problem is fixed now!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 am
by Sally
Way to go, Wild! Congratulations! Now that I can speak from experience I can really appreciate your achievement. So sorry about the blisters (ouch!)

Re: San Gorgonio 9 Peak Challenge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 am
by Hikin_Jim
Image

Interesting thingy. Looks like the mount for one of those pay-with-a-quarter tourist telescope thingys. :lol:

Image

HJ