Half Dome, May 25, 2012

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Half Dome, May 25, 2012

Postby calicokat » Sun May 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Decided to give it a go on the first day the cables were up. Just beat the weather, made for some fun photos though.......

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
calicokat
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 am
Location: Ventura County

Postby Sally » Mon May 28, 2012 10:06 am

Awesome photography, calicokat! It's just like I remember it from 1969, cables and all. I guess it's time I got up there again! We were going to do Halfdome on the first day of my JMT trip in 2000, but a freak snow storm blew in and we had to pass on that plan.

I saw from your blog that you will be finnishing up your HST-JMT trip the same day Ellen and I will be starting our Bishop Pass (South Lake to North Lake) trip. You'll hav a blast, I'm sure!
User avatar
Sally
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Temecula

Postby tarol » Thu May 31, 2012 12:22 pm

awesome!
"The mountains are calling and I must go" ~ John Muir
User avatar
tarol
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 am
Location: High Desert, CA

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Absolutely **FABULOUS** photos!!

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests