Page 1 of 1

Eclipse

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:33 pm
by recordalley
[img][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7219/7238737956_bcdca8be18_b.jpg[/img]
Eclipse by psnative, on Flickr

[/img]

Eclipse was awesome. The moon traveled straight up through the middle of the sun creating a perfect smile. Amazing how fast the moon travels compared to a motionless sun.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 am
by Pitownpi
Wow, It was a great day....finishing up playing at Pappy's the Eclipse started.
Using a welder mask checking it out and I suddenly noticed that my scrub oak bushes were acting as single point source lenses...like holes poked into cardboard.......

there were hundreds of eclipse images projected onto the house!!!!

very cool, I'd been in a 97% totality before in England, but this one was much cooler...
it even set as an eclipse for me...Onyx summit on the bottom and the moon on the top!!!
Image
Solar Eclipse projections by Pitownpi, on Flickr :)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 pm
by HH8
Pitownpi wrote:Wow, It was a great day


I only have memories, no pix.
My favorite was the shadow of my splayed fingers - tipped with crescents, it looked like dragon claws!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:54 pm
by bluerail
I love both the pictures...but yours wins Jim ....so good !