Page 1 of 1

Mt. Baldy & West Baldy Trip Report & Photos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:16 pm
by calicokat
Took a trip up to Mt. Baldy then over to West Baldy. With the recent snow I couldn't resist. I took the Ski Hut trail up the western bowl through the trees to the top. There were a few people who took the bowl direct and made it.

There was evidence of some surface slides, but nothing major. I did not go up the bowl for three reasons: I am a slacker and didn't start till 0800, forgot my helmet (rime ice was coming down) and the the art of solo hiking, stay away from surface slides. Here are some photos.

http://calicokat.smugmug.com/Hiking/Sou ... 067_sXhMW2

Image

Image

Southern Sierra Snow
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 pm
by Sally
Great photos and TR, Jim! The wind can sure make interesting patterns in the snow - nice job of capturing that.

I wish I could have been in two places on Wednesday. San Jacinto was wonderful, but it looks like it was an exceptional day on Baldy!

Re: Mt. Baldy & West Baldy Trip Report & Photos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 am
by HH8
calicokat wrote:With the recent snow I couldn't resist.


Well, somehow I managed to resist (April 15 loometh) but your pix were balm for my headaches!