Page 1 of 1

Christmas Day Ride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:44 pm
by HikerBlatt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:11 am
by Sally
Hi HikerBlatt,

It looks like you had a nice ride and burned of some of those holiday treats yesterday.

Santa gave me a Garmin Forerunner 410 for Christmas. Don't be surprised if I ask you for help with it as I am technologically an idiot. I'm going to pour myself a cup of coffee and sit down with the instructions right now!

Hopefully I'll get it up and running and be able to use it on my run today.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:05 pm
by phydeux
For a real interesting experience try going out for a Christmas Day bike ride the the early morning. Its one of the few days (and time) each year you can ride city streets with virtually no traffic! 8) I put lights on my bike, dressed a little warmer than usual, then rolled out the door at 4:30AM. Did about 24 miles (three 8 miles loops) on quiet city streets before dawn here in Huntington Beach (I counted only 10 cars on the road the whole time :D ). At that time the eastern sky was just starting to get light, so I rolled through another 10 miles on the barren Santa Ana River trail before it became inundated with new bike riders.

Definately worth the chilly air temp (30F) to experience the lack of vehicles and to see the first light in the morning.

Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:47 pm
by HikerBlatt
"Santa gave me a Garmin Forerunner 410 for Christmas."

Sally, congratulations on your new toy. I'm sure you'll have fun with it. You've got a newer model than what I have. I recommend you get connected to Garmin Connect. It's pretty amazing.

Happy trails....