San Gorgonio ridge hike

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

San Gorgonio ridge hike

Postby Ellen » Thu May 31, 2007 9:25 am

Howdy all :D

I have a permit for 3 people to hike from Vivian to the top of San G and down the ridge to Angelus Oaks on Sunday June 10. Haven't checked the mileage but probably about 30 miles.

Unfortunately, my hiking buddy can't come. This trip requires a car stagger (at least one car at SB peak trailhead and one at Vivian).

My plan is to leave early Sunday morning to spend most of the day on the ridge at 10,000 ft.

Would anyone like to join me? To give an idea of pace, I would summit San G slower than usual (say 4.5 hours) and maintain a steady, comfortable pace along the ridge and down to Angeles Oaks. From west SB peak, it takes me about 2.5 hours to descend.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
EColemanRD@aol.com
Ellen

Wish I could!

Postby halhiker » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:12 am

I have to go with my son to OC that weekend to for a class field trip but that is a great trip. I did SG a few years ago from the Fish Creek trailhead to Angeles Oaks and loved it. I estimated the mileage for that was about 28 and I do think Vivian Creek would be a little bit shorter although steeper than Fish Creek. Anyone thinking about doing this I highly recommend it!
halhiker

Return to Outdoors-Related Topics