Page 1 of 1

Stove of the Week: MSR XGK II (Pre-Shaker Jet)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Stove of the Week: MSR XGK II (Pre-Shaker Jet)

This week's stove is the pre-shaker jet version of the MSR XGK II.
Image

HJ

XGK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 pm
by neverwashasbeen
HJ,

Thanks for another interesting review. From your article I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend getting a new pump as a replacement for my original XGK.

Re: XGK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:59 pm
by Hikin_Jim
neverwashasbeen wrote:HJ,

Thanks for another interesting review. From your article I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend getting a new pump as a replacement for my original XGK.
If you've got the yellow & black pump, I'd hang on to it so long as it's working. If it's not working, shoot me a PM; I've gotten a number of them working again. If you have the gray & black pump or the old gray & red pump (the old gray & red has a black "O" ring seal; the new gray & red has a red "duraseal" collar), you might consider upgrading to the new pump. I've seen a number of problems with the two pumps I've mentioned, but with care they will work for a number of years. On the other hand, if I were going into a situation where my life might depend on my stove (high altitude climbing for example), then I'd probably go ahead and upgrade.

HJ