Page 1 of 1

Treasure Lakes / Sierras

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:21 pm
by Sally
On Monday the 23rd, my husband Larry, daughter Celeste, her boyfriend James and I set out from South Lake for Treasure Lakes. Larry doesn't get out on the trail much, so I selected a hike that was only 3 miles. It turned out the trail was rather steep however, but Larry was a champ and made it to the lake in good spirits.

We setup camp, had dinner and it became dark quickly. But surprise! The full moon came out and lit the area in a silvery spectacle. Exhausted, we retired to our sleeping bags and slept great.

In the morning we had a hearty breakfast and explored Treasure Lakes. Later Celeste, James and I day hiked to Chocolate Lakes. Larry chilled in camp and did some exploring of his own. When we came back we waded out to a little rock island and marveled at the beauty surrounding us. Later that evening after dinner we surprised Larry with a birthday cake, complete with candles, smuggled in a bear cannister by Celeste. We once again enjoyed the moonlight.

In the morning we broke up camp and hiked out. We enjoyed hot pastrami sandwiches at Schot's Bakery in Bishop before making the long drive home. Wish I could be in the Sierras more often.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sallymorley ... directlink

Re: Treasure Lakes / Sierras

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Sally wrote:We enjoyed hot pastrami sandwiches at Schot's Bakery in Bishop ...
Mmm, mmm, mmm! Sounds like a great trip, Sally.

HJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:32 pm
by Sally
Happy belated Birthday Jim. I forgot to mention that its a good thing the rangers didn't catch us lighting all those candles on Larry's cake in a no campfire zone. We didn't have a fire permit!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 pm
by EMan
Sally,

You can't post stuff like this. In our brave new world, it will be used as evidence against you!

Glad you had a great time in the Sierra.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 am
by RichMcG
Sally,
We just came back from the Sierra on the 22nd after 8 days in. It was so nice up there, we were in the Thousand Island Lake/ Mt Banner area. I wanted to climb Mt Ritter so bad but we had younger scouts with us. I'll post some pix later.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:55 pm
by lilbitmo
Nice work Sally, glad you were able to treat Larry to a special birthday treat like the Sierra's, pictures are making me want to pack my bags and just go :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:16 am
by Blueskyhiker
I've wanted to plan a trip to the Chocolate Lakes. I know the area is beautiful, but as I'm in the Midwest I've not spent near enough time there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:36 pm
by tinaballina
great pics sally, especially like seeing you so focused on the water pumping....lol