TR: Tuolumne Meadows loop into the Ansel Adams Wilderness
Overview: My wife and I went backpacking for nine days in a large loop, south from Yosemite National Park (near Tioga Pass) on the Mono/Parker Pass Trail into the Ansel Adams Wilderness. We then bushwacked off-trail west above Waugh Lake and were rewarded with some stunning views of the Minarets, Mount Banner, Ritter Peak, Mount Davis, Rodgers Peak, and Mounts Lyell and Maclure. We eventually hiked back north to Tuolumne Meadows via the Lyell Canyon Trail. Side trips included visits to Marie Lake, Thousand Island Lake, Ireland Creek, Evelyn Lake, Rafferty Creek and the Vogelsang area. It was a memorable and excellent experience!
These are what I consider to be the "best" photos from our trip. It wasn't easy to choose them, either. http://www.flickr.com/photos/_jfr_/sets/72157624777155224/ Or, you can go straight to the slideshow here.
If you are truly bored and a glutton for punishment you can see even more pics by checking out my photo sets page for each individual hiking day. http://www.flickr.com/photos/_jfr_/sets/
Also, here's a treat for Hikin' Jim, who turned me on to the awesome power of the mighty Acme Mapper, a special link for this trip. We started at "A", finished at "I", and stayed overnight at all the letters in between. The Acme Mapper Rules!
These are what I consider to be the "best" photos from our trip. It wasn't easy to choose them, either. http://www.flickr.com/photos/_jfr_/sets/72157624777155224/ Or, you can go straight to the slideshow here.
If you are truly bored and a glutton for punishment you can see even more pics by checking out my photo sets page for each individual hiking day. http://www.flickr.com/photos/_jfr_/sets/
Also, here's a treat for Hikin' Jim, who turned me on to the awesome power of the mighty Acme Mapper, a special link for this trip. We started at "A", finished at "I", and stayed overnight at all the letters in between. The Acme Mapper Rules!