Three hikers missing in search of Lost Dutchman treasure

Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:24 am
by Cy Kaicener

Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:47 pm
by zippetydude
This one sounds bad. Have you heard anything further Cy?
z

Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:33 pm
by Hikin_Jim
They haven't been heard from since July 6th. 115 degree heat. In some ways this reminds me of the conditions on Skyline: blisteringly hot and dry, so dry the water gets sucked right out of you, and there's not much in the way of shade out that way (Phoenix, AZ). I hope they're OK, but they don't sound like they really knew what they were doing, and two of the guys had medical conditions.
The chances of survival go way down if you've been missing for more than 48 hours. These guys have been out there for a couple of weeks. I hope for the best, but realistically it's not looking good.
HJ

Posted:
Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm
by halhiker
I saw this quite a while ago. I've been hoping they found the gold and decided to disappear although it's highly unlikely. If they are there, though, it's odd they haven't found any bodies.
3 hikers missing in the Superstitions

Posted:
Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:23 am
by Cy Kaicener
zippetydude wrote:This one sounds bad. Have you heard anything further Cy?
z
I have not heard anything further. The SAR website has not been updated
http://superstition-sar.org/