Page 1 of 2

Mt. Whitney MR TR and conditions 7/3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:44 pm
by harryquach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:29 pm
by Florian
Enjoyed the report and photos/videos. But i think my fave pic was the Milky Way shot!

-Florian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:09 pm
by harryquach
Thanks Florian for the comments. The shot of the Milky Way I have wanted to do for a long time. It was dark enough at the campground that it worked.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:34 pm
by Hikin_Jim
Super nice website.

HJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:24 pm
by Florian
Harry, regarding your socalpeaks.com website what do DPS, HPS, SDC, and 14ERS mean?

-Florian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:16 pm
by harryquach
Florian wrote:Harry, regarding your socalpeaks.com website what do DPS, HPS, SDC, and 14ERS mean?

-Florian


They are peak lists from the Sierra Club. I do not officially belong to the Sierra Club but find their lists an interesting peak bagging challenge for southern California

DPS = Desert Peaks Section
HPS = Hundred Peaks Section
SDC = San Diego County List
14ers = CA 14ers in the Sierra (a goal I have had for awhile but have not made to much progress)

Most of these lists are centered in Southern California thats why I have chose them

Mt Whitney M/R 7/3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 am
by Cy Kaicener
I also enjoyed your awesome pictures, video and trip report. I also used to get altitude sick when I went too fast. No danger of that now :)

Here is a link to the Sierra Club (if you like rules and formality)
http://angeles.sierraclub.org/sps

Re: Mt Whitney M/R 7/3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 am
by harryquach
Cy Kaicener wrote:I also enjoyed your awesome pictures, video and trip report. I also used to get altitude sick when I went too fast. No danger of that now :)

Here is a link to the Sierra Club (if you like rules and formality)
http://angeles.sierraclub.org/sps


Hi Cy

I dont have any interest in joining the Sierra Club just completing their southern California lists.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:35 am
by Florian
Harry, thanks for explaining the lists.

-Florian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 am
by Lcpl Hughes
Thanks for the detailed trip report and pictures..whenever I do Whitney, this is the way I have always wanted to go..what a great adventure