Page 1 of 1

South Fork to San Gorgonio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:41 am
by Ellen
Howdy All :)

Lance, the desert rats (Karin, Galen and Diana) and I headed up South Fork yesterday a bit after 7 AM. The trail is in excellent condition. At South Fork meadows, we headed up to Dollar Saddle -- Dollar Lake actually has water 8) The ridge from Dollar Saddle to the Vivian junction has a few snowy spots, but these were easy to cross. Trail is clear from the junction to the summit. Hung out on the summit for about an hour visiting with other folks, including two black labs (one thought Karin's Camelbak bite valve was a snack). Since we didn't have good intelligence on the trail down to Mineshaft Saddle, we opted to retrace out steps. Unbelieveably, we ran into my San Diego friend Steve Gossett heading up to the summit from Momyer. He'd done the lolipop loop last weekend and said there was snow coverage over about 50% of the trail going to Mineshaft saddle. I'm glad we went back down via Dollar Saddle. A great day with good friends.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:12 am
by Sally
Hi Ellen.
Sounds like you had a great day on San G.
Water in Dollar Lake - yay! Been a LONG time since I've seen that! I hope to get out there soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 am
by bluerail
Sounds like a great trip girl. I keep looking over there and thinking we need to get over that way soon before all the snows gone, just having too much fun getting beat to peices over here still. Our saturday trip was 6mi. in 8 hrs. :shock:
Tell Lance I miss him and hope to get to hike with you guys soon.

...and I miss you too Karin..very much.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:48 am
by tinaballina
Pain sister, glad you all had a good time going up san g. tried to wave to you guys from langley, not sure you saw me or not...lol
:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:26 am
by lilbitmo
Ellen,
Glad to see you are doing all you can to stay in the wilderness every weekend, miss hiking with you, will catch up to you soon.

Nice work on San G - South Fork is my favorite hike in the San Bernado's :D