Page 1 of 1

THANK YOU ZIP/ Yucaipa Savior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 pm
by bluerail
You might not have seen the thank you Tina wrote over there in the (dark room where no one goes) so I'm putting it here. If you hadn't ditched your WHOLE family in order to come pick our SORRY butts up in Forest Falls, we wouldn't have made it back up over that Devil ridge to our vehicle until late Monday morning. Although we were able to make it down into rattlesnake canyon, getting back to the top of that ridge was obviously gonna be lengthy. THANK YOU !!!
And thank your lovely girls..especially that little hooligan angel girl.

3 Sunday morning parking lot ? check your text

some of yucaipa ridge photos here, no order, no captions. will do that later

http://bluerail.smugmug.com/Other/Yucai ... 8909_Wuweg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 am
by tinaballina
some good pics. thanks again zip.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 am
by Sally
Wow, that looked like some pretty treacherous terrain you all were traipsing around in. Not wanting to sound dumb, but what was with those holes you were digging in the snow?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:36 am
by bluerail
We were looking for the fabled rattlesnake treasure, Sally. Actually we were trying to retrieve gear that was left after a helicopter rescue right before that big storm dumped 6 feet of snow on everything. even with gps cordinates, an avalanche probe and a digging machine (Fernando), it's still a buried treasure.

I'm sure it will show up this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:12 pm
by Dave G
Man, that's a lot of work for a bag of chips! :P
Glad to see David is back in the mtns after his mishap. :)
Say, when you guys are done, I've got a lost camera I need to find over on that other mtn. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 am
by zippetydude
Dave G wrote:Say, when you guys are done, I've got a lost camera I need to find over on that other mtn. :wink:


Yeah, you and Ze!

bluerail & tina: The route looks great except for that extreme downhill - that had to be spooky! I'm glad it all worked out, and again, the ride was no problem. Cat was especially thrilled.

z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:59 am
by Ellen
Howdy Yucipa Ridge Animals :)

HOOAH!!! Too many great pictures to list my favorite.

Regarding the angle of the slope you traversed -- EEK!

Miles of smiles,
Ellen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 am
by Blooty
Wow, great photos. Looks like you all had quite a day!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 pm
by EnFuego
Wow, cool photos. You are guys are awesome.

Tina, Bluerail, Fernando. I want you on my team.

:lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: