Page 1 of 1

Big Iron pushing nonstop 01/09/2010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 am
by Zé

Big Iron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:39 pm
by Cy Kaicener
Great slideshow and video. Iron used to be my favorite before I discovered Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:31 pm
by zippetydude
Good job on the PR! I'm with you in that each outing needs to hold something new to be an adventure. It's fun learn a route, later to PR, then find new routes, some xc alternatives, etc. You seem to keep a great balance between exploring (which isn't always very good training, as it's hard to keep intensity when you're looking around and route finding) and training at high levels (which let you set some sweet PR's!). Thanks especially for making Steve suffer.

z

Re: Big Iron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 am
by Zé
Cy Kaicener wrote:Great slideshow and video. Iron used to be my favorite before I discovered Skyline


lol you love to suffer! do you still hike Iron every so often?


zippetydude wrote:Good job on the PR! I'm with you in that each outing needs to hold something new to be an adventure. It's fun learn a route, later to PR, then find new routes, some xc alternatives, etc. You seem to keep a great balance between exploring (which isn't always very good training, as it's hard to keep intensity when you're looking around and route finding) and training at high levels (which let you set some sweet PR's!). Thanks especially for making Steve suffer.

z


thanks. it helps that I don't usually use hiking as a main 'training day', so I could do whatever I want. The exploration stuff is really fun. And there's always new ideas!

Re: Big Iron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:30 am
by Cy Kaicener
Zé wrote:
Cy Kaicener wrote:Great slideshow and video. Iron used to be my favorite before I discovered Skyline


lol you love to suffer! do you still hike Iron every so often?

lol - I dont love to suffer - thats why I dont do Iron any more. The steep downhill kills your knees and toes especially when you get to my age. It doesnt bother a person much when they are young. I still dont hope that they build a tramway there. :)

Your video of descending Iron Mtn was great. It looks similar to the video on this blog on Jan 7 -- http://themountainworld.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:22 pm
by bluerail
..so the baby elephants seem to like dirt more than we do.

the breathing video was perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 am
by tinaballina
sorry i missed that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:38 pm
by Zé
bluerail wrote:..so the baby elephants seem to like dirt more than we do.

the breathing video was perfect.


upload your pictures!