Page 1 of 1

Ko Phi Phi Island, Thailand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm
by Zé
beautiful place! wish I had more time to explore there

http://socalhikes.com/2009/12/ko-phi-phi-island/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 pm
by zippetydude
Never enough time, Zé. And the more beautiful, the more I wish I could spend an entire lifetime getting to know a place, the people, the culture...but how cool that you two had the chance to go! I've only been to a few places like that, (Hawaii, Jamaica, etc.) but I've never been to Thailand. In particular, I've never seen elephants just wandering about like that, must have been strange! Thanks for posting, I enjoyed the slideshow too.

z

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:10 am
by tinaballina
Very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:11 pm
by bluerail
What the Phuket !? you followed a trail that had SIGNS ??!!
Jeezus Joe, that was incredible, really wish I wasn't in the part of my life that all I want to do is suffer. That looked like an amazing trip, getting in on coloring with the locals, eating wonderful looking (most of it anyway) food, and kissing the wildlife. Such beautiful pictures and not one person flipping you off...how nice that must have been. Such a contrast from your regular, near death, lets see how bad we can hurt slideshows.
Thanks for sharing those and I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time. Do as much of it as you can before you start breeding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:57 pm
by magikwalt
Thanks Ze.... Looks like you just cost me $7500 to fly Jean to wash the freaking Elephants. The better be more than 600ft of elevation gain or you're going to receive a 1 shot 1 limp present when I get back. Hey man... I am old and poor...Your pictures just cost me part of my retirement fund. They better still grow that special stuff over there. If the elepants eat it I am holding you responsible....

GAWD Oh how I hate seeing my savings depleted like this.

:?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:40 pm
by Zé
bluerail wrote:Such beautiful pictures and not one person flipping you off...how nice that must have been. Such a contrast from your regular, near death, lets see how bad we can hurt slideshows.


Lol, yeah amazing when you do a hike that's a bit easier and on trail, people don't curse at you as much :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:41 pm
by Zé
magikwalt wrote:Thanks Ze.... Looks like you just cost me $7500 to fly Jean to wash the freaking Elephants. The better be more than 600ft of elevation gain or you're going to receive a 1 shot 1 limp present when I get back. Hey man... I am old and poor...Your pictures just cost me part of my retirement fund. They better still grow that special stuff over there. If the elepants eat it I am holding you responsible....

GAWD Oh how I hate seeing my savings depleted like this.

:?


LOL

Round trip airfare from LAX to Bangkok < $700 per person. Total trip under $2k per person. Not that bad! And worth it!