Page 1 of 1

REI Stoke 19 pack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
by Florian
I just bought an REI Stoke 19 and i'm really happy with it. Link to catalog page here .. http://www.rei.com/product/762532

I tested it out Sunday by hiking to the Skyline 4300' level and back. I had 2 quarts in the bladder and 3 quart bottles inside for a total of 5 quarts. (I only used 2 quarts but wanted to see how the pack did fully loaded.) Went for a second hike this morning in the hills south of Palm Springs. The waist belt really keeps the weight off my back. I hardly knew i was carrying 10 pounds of water. Nice comfortable pack for a good price.

-Florian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 pm
by magikwalt
Nice looking pack Florian. Sort of has that GoLite look to it. I like that it has the haul loop on top and the diagonal flex pouches on the sides.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:31 am
by KathyW
REI has a 20% coupon right now - the code to use it online is FALLDEAL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 pm
by EnFuego
That looks like a pretty nice pack. I've been looking for something similar. Something small, but not too small. I just bought an REI Flash 18 (black/grey) and although it works nicely for light and fast hikes, I don't like the fact that the water bladder pocket has no clasp at the top to hold the water bladder up.

Does the Stoke pack have any sort of clasp(s) at the top of the bladder pocket to keep the bladder upright?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:39 pm
by Florian
EnFuego wrote:Does the Stoke pack have any sort of clasp(s) at the top of the bladder pocket to keep the bladder upright?

It has a loop in the center that my Camelbak can hang on. It also has two clips about 4" apart for the type of bladder that has two hanging holes.

-Florian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm
by Florian
A follow-up comment: I didn't even notice the hanging loop for the Camelbak at first and made two hikes without hanging the bladder. Worked fine and the bladder didn't seem to shift or sag.

-Florian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:37 am
by EnFuego
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I should check this pack out.

Thanks.