Page 1 of 1

Vivian Creek this Friday, the 11th

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 pm
by rggibbons
I was just wondering if anyone from here is going to be on San Gorgonio this Friday. I've never done it before but just got my permit and am really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to say hi to some other hikin' fools out there. I'm tall, with glasses and somewhat longish hair, probably be sweating on the lower elevations :wink:
~Robert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:03 pm
by rggibbons
Well, I woke up early Friday feeling like I was maybe coming down with a cold, so I lay in bed thinking, should I really do this? But I had the permit and the day off so I dragged myself out of bed. I figured if I felt really lousy I could always turn back.

I started early - 6:00 AM - and didn't see anyone on the way up, but met a lot of people on the way down. A couple other guys commented on all the Bighorn Sheep they saw.

It turned out to be a very nice day, though it was a tough hike - especially at the end. Coming back down that steep section right at the start - Yikes!

Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:38 pm
by Florian
rggibbons wrote:Coming back down that steep section right at the start - Yikes!

No kidding! That last steep mile coming down is always the hardest part of the day.

-Florian