Page 1 of 1

Solo San Bernardino Peak 6/17/09

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm
by Halohiker
I did a solo hike up and down the San Bernardino Peak Trail today. I saw only one other hiker. He was coming down from Limber Pine, after an overnighter. Other than that, it was plenty of welcome solitude for me. The weather was quite nice, albeit a little mercurial. I enjoyed blue skies, puffy white clouds, dark clouds, a light breeze and a few raindrops. I thought Iw as hiking at a leisurely pace, as I took 77 pictures and a handful of short videos. However, I did the round trip, including a few nice breaks, in 6 hours, 50 minutes.

Pics from my lovely day are here: www.flickr.com/photos/33777171@N06/sets ... 898992188/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 am
by Florian
I was over on San Gorgonio while you were up San Bernardino. It was a neat day wasn't it!

Yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:23 am
by Halohiker
Hey Florian!

How was San G? From San B, it appeared to be shrouded in clouds!

Re: Yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:37 pm
by Florian
Halohiker wrote:How was San G? From San B, it appeared to be shrouded in clouds!

It was great! Even a bit of hail at the summit. I was on my way down before the clouds moved down.

-Florian