Page 1 of 1

Mt. Baldy Trail Conditions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:07 am
by Nano
Does anyone where snowline starts on the Mt. Baldy Trail (starting from the church). I started hiking it in May,June of last year and want to go out now, but am curious as to when the snow starts. Does anyone have any info on it?

Re: Mt. Baldy Trail Conditions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 pm
by EnFuego
Nano wrote:Does anyone where snowline starts on the Mt. Baldy Trail (starting from the church). I started hiking it in May,June of last year and want to go out now, but am curious as to when the snow starts. Does anyone have any info on it?


I don't know exactly, but if you're jsut asking for the elevation it's starting, I would guess between 5,500' - 6,000'.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm
by hikehigh
Enfuego is probably right, but I imagine its not consistent until 8000'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:59 pm
by FIGHT ON
hikehigh wrote:Enfuego is probably right, but I imagine its not consistent until 8000'

I wish it was above 10,065 feet! :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm
by mark2812
Snow conditions on Baldy, I was on Baldy Sunday, up register ridge and town the ski hut trail. There is a lot of snow above the ski hut, lots of posholing, def need snowshoes...patchy snow begins below the ski hut.

This is as of Sunday..not sure of the conditions since then