Page 1 of 1

Bighorn Peak 2-15-09

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:34 pm
by Dave G
Norma and I showshoed up to Bighorn Peak Sunday, via Icehouse Canyon. There was an amazing amount of snow at Icehouse Saddle (with more falling as I write this!) and lots of very cool rime ice on the trees. Fortunately, it was cold enough that not many bombs were falling :D . On the way back we saw one guy skinning up and I'm betting he had an awesome ride down. My pix are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21042415@N02/sets/72157613895855641/
Dave

Pictures

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:52 pm
by lilbitmo
Dave, as always, great pictures - we are having one of the great winters we only get every four years or so.

Nice work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:49 am
by hikehigh
Great pictures. I bet after yesterdays storm that sign is buried now!!!! That sign is probably 4' tall???

Image

Bighorn Peak 2/15/09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 pm
by Cy Kaicener
Dave - Here is another trip report on Bighorn on 2/15/09 with pictures
http://sangabrielmnts.myfreeforum.org/B ... t1222.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm
by NormaR
What a winter! Powder, powder everywhere! :D

here are my pix from sunday:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ryan.norma81/BighornPeak#