Inspiration Point 2-14-09
tr
The highlight of this hike was that I did not get any blisters on my feet! I finally tried to hike with a size 11.5 which is one size larger than my 10.5. Two years it took me to figure this out. I started out with 10.5 size because it seemed so loose going even a half size larger. Then I tried 11s and had way less blisters. This hike I tried 11.5s and forgot my gators. I usually wear those dirty girl gators to keep rocks out but suspected it also kept heat in making my feet get soft faster. I wore a medium size smart wool sock which filled up the space and after a few miles forgot about my feet sliding around inside. I got a few pebbles in but nothing that was unbearable. They also were soaking wet from the snow and if I had my usual size on it would have ripped the skin right off! Not this time! And I usually kick a several rocks on the down hill and with tight shoes my toes got slammed so hard it hurt so bad for like 10 minutes after. This time I was delighted to find that the extra room kept my toes from any contact! Very VERY NICE! NO BLISTERS! HAPPY FEET!
The highlight of this hike was that I did not get any blisters on my feet! I finally tried to hike with a size 11.5 which is one size larger than my 10.5. Two years it took me to figure this out. I started out with 10.5 size because it seemed so loose going even a half size larger. Then I tried 11s and had way less blisters. This hike I tried 11.5s and forgot my gators. I usually wear those dirty girl gators to keep rocks out but suspected it also kept heat in making my feet get soft faster. I wore a medium size smart wool sock which filled up the space and after a few miles forgot about my feet sliding around inside. I got a few pebbles in but nothing that was unbearable. They also were soaking wet from the snow and if I had my usual size on it would have ripped the skin right off! Not this time! And I usually kick a several rocks on the down hill and with tight shoes my toes got slammed so hard it hurt so bad for like 10 minutes after. This time I was delighted to find that the extra room kept my toes from any contact! Very VERY NICE! NO BLISTERS! HAPPY FEET!
