Page 1 of 1

02-10-09 In the Shadows of Iron Mountain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:24 pm
by EnFuego

2/10/09 In the shadows of iron Mountain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm
by Cy Kaicener
Thanks for posting David. Those pictures were outstanding and the trip report very interesting. I was on McKinley Mountain (3700 feet) above Highland (San Bernadino foothills) yesterday and was amazed by all that snow on Baldy, San Gorgonio and San Jacinto. I had snow the last 600 feet but it must have been freezing where you were.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm
by EnFuego
Cy - the temps were very pleasing. When we left the vehicle at 7:45 am, there was no wind and I would guess the temps were in the upper 30's. We put on a heavy thermal, but quickly abandoned it for jsut a thin base layer and no shell. Later in the day, a few places in the shade got cold, but only because we were bush whacking part of the time im snow covered brush and were getting wet.