by zippetydude » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:58 pm
I was expecting as much. Of course, like any other race, I'm looking forward to a fun time with a bunch of other people, so whatever they need to do to maintain a reasonable balance makes sense to me.
With snowshoeing, I can't really see how it could be done otherwise. Picture if someone held an event where the course was marked, but the trail was not compacted. People could take turns breaking trail, but anyone hoping to win would have to stay back a few places, sort of like drafting in bicycle races, then coming up from behind at the end after everyone else had done all the hard work. That wouldn't be good.
The weather is calling for snow on Friday and Saturday, so it may be a crazy, wild time anyway! Hope to see someone else up there!
z