Ellen wrote:Howdy All
Thanks to Kathy W for letting me tag along on her first R2R2R in the fall of 2007

Now I'm addicted
Miles of smiles,
Ellen
I went back and did it a couple more times without the stay overnight at the North Rim after we did that hike in 2007. Once I went down the Bright Angel, up the North Kaibab, down the North Kaibab, and up the Bright Angel - that time it took longer than 24 hours; so it wasn't a day hike. Then I went back and went down the South Kaibab, up the North Kaibab, down the North Kaibab, and up the South Kaibab - that took just under 24 hours; so I met my goal to do it as a day hike. The trip in 2007 split over two days was much more enjoyable though.
A couple of years ago I did the Deer Springs / Thunder River lollipop loop over 3 days - that is a backpacking trip well worth the long drive in - so beautiful.