I lasted three days without hiking after returning home from backpacking with sister Sally. Initially thought I would be doing Langley this weekend but my brother and sister in law came into town for my birthday.
On Friday, I went up Register Ridge to Baldy and came down the Bowl. Met a really nice group of folks starting out. One woman asked if I was the "Infamous Ellen"
Yesterday I decided to head up Forsee to Anderson peak. I departed the trail and went up the winter route. Route finding was fun but I had to dodge alot of trees and other obstacles. There was a lovely breeze which kept the temperature cool and discouraged the bugs
Tried to retrace my XC route on the descent -- much easier to do when you're following your snowshoe tracks
Made it back to my car with no new blood (yea!). Once I got back on the highway, I got stuck behind a van and SUV. Neither driver knew the meaning of "turnout"
My brother Jim is an amazing cook and made home-made pizza (even the crust) for my birthday dinner -- yum!!! All in all, a perfect day to celebrate another year.
I am blessed with a wonderful family and friends -- including all of you. Thanks for enriching my life.
Miles of smiles,
Ellen
