HJ
Sally,Sally wrote:Hi Jim,
I was wondering when you were going to get around to doing a report on my Rapidfire! Yes, folks, this is a nice stove. It performed flawlessly for 26 days on the JMT (we took our time - lots of layover days.)
I have an unused cannister of one of those old cylindrical fuel cans. It must be over 7 years old. Does the fuel ever go bad?
Taking full gas canisters is generally good practice -- especially in winter. If, however, you know your fuel consumption rate well and you've got a gram scale at home, you can figure out how long a given canister will last. If you've got a trip of that length, then you're set.Sally wrote:Does anyone else have a dozen half empty fuel cans in their backpacking junk box? I do! I prefer taking full cans on a trip unless I think that I'll only need a partial can. Maybe I should take my stove on day hikes (like Jim does) and have me a cup of tea or a hot meal, and get rid of some of those pesky partially full cans.
To the best of my knowledge, the Rapidfire was discontinued in 2001, so you've had it at least a decade. Take care of it, and you can at least quintuple that.Sally wrote:I am the original owner of my Rapidfire. I've had it for so long that I can't even remember exactly when I got it.
Sally, you ROCK. But you knew that.Sally wrote:I just discovered that I have 2 of those cylindrical fuel cans. One is nearly full, and the other is practically empty. You are welcome to have the empty one. You're going to have to come and see me at the Rancho Army - Navy Store some day, Jim!
Return to Outdoors-Related Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests