The past 2 1/2 weeks I was in Africa as a leader for a boy scout troop and we did a climb of Kilimanjaro and a safari. We had a group of 17 total for the climb (this included two Tanzanian scouts) and only 8 made it to the top. It was a wonderful experience and a great climb. The summit day was a killer. We started hiking at 1230am to have sunrise on the top and to keep the sun from beating on us during the entire climb. I thought there would be some interest here on the pictures, so enjoy. There are way to many to put here so I picked just a few. If there is interest in the rest ill have to figure something out.
Day 4 of the climb. Heading up to the final camp before the summit.
Me being tired (and unflattering) like everyone else during the hike to the top.
Some of the snows of Kilimanjaro that will soon all be gone.
There I am standing on the top of Africa.
Me and my brother. Some more glaciers.
We really lucked out with our weather for the week. Going through the rain forest on the way down, was the worst that we had.
Like I said there are hundreds more. And it was a fantastic climb, albeit the most challenging one I have done.