Mt. Baldy Trail Conditions

Southern California and far-away places. Hiking, wildlife, cycling etc.

Mt. Baldy Trail Conditions

Postby Nano » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:07 am

Does anyone where snowline starts on the Mt. Baldy Trail (starting from the church). I started hiking it in May,June of last year and want to go out now, but am curious as to when the snow starts. Does anyone have any info on it?
Nano
Nano
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 am
Location: Venice, CA

Re: Mt. Baldy Trail Conditions

Postby EnFuego » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Nano wrote:Does anyone where snowline starts on the Mt. Baldy Trail (starting from the church). I started hiking it in May,June of last year and want to go out now, but am curious as to when the snow starts. Does anyone have any info on it?


I don't know exactly, but if you're jsut asking for the elevation it's starting, I would guess between 5,500' - 6,000'.
If you're not living on the edge,
you're taking up too much room!
User avatar
EnFuego
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:27 am
Location: Seal Beach, Ca

Postby hikehigh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Enfuego is probably right, but I imagine its not consistent until 8000'
hikehigh
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Riverside

Postby FIGHT ON » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:59 pm

hikehigh wrote:Enfuego is probably right, but I imagine its not consistent until 8000'

I wish it was above 10,065 feet! :P
User avatar
FIGHT ON
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Trousdale Parkway

Postby mark2812 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Snow conditions on Baldy, I was on Baldy Sunday, up register ridge and town the ski hut trail. There is a lot of snow above the ski hut, lots of posholing, def need snowshoes...patchy snow begins below the ski hut.

This is as of Sunday..not sure of the conditions since then
mark2812
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:23 pm


Return to Outdoors-Related Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests