Andy Calfman

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Andy Calfman

Postby FIGHT ON » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:04 am

I am trying smugmug to see if it is better than flickr.
This is a picture of a guy we ran across on the Mt. Whitney Trail last year. I saw his huge legs and had to take a pic. He said he trains on beach sand daily. His name is Andy so what else would you call him?
http://fighton.smugmug.com/gallery/4643 ... mL9Bs-L-LB
FIGHT ON

Postby cynthia23 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:02 am

OMGosh, FightOn, them are some mighty calves! But actually he would probably have them even if all he did was stroll around the mall. The general consensus in the world of weight-training is that calf muscles are almost impervious to growth strategies; there are no known regimens that GREATLY increase their girth (you can improve them, but only to the limits of your genetic heritage.) It doesn't seem fair, does it? But wait, there is a guy on a white horse riding in on the horizon, here to save us from our pathetically skinny calves--and he's a plastic surgeon! My understanding is that in the image obsessed world of SoCal, plastic surgeons do a pretty decent business in calf implants, mostly for men, of course. They work ust like breast implants; they open up the calves and sew a little bag of silicon in there. Presto! Instant mega-calves! So maybe we can quit all this useless hiking stuff, lie on the couch watching the shopping channel, and just look fit!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby FIGHT ON » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:00 pm

Dude... there is no way. No dude is gonna get a calf job. you are making that up. :( It makes me sick to think of anybody putting anything like that in their body for cosmetic reasons. That goes for boob jobs too. PATHETIC! Oh no. Wait... I can hear all those thoughts out their in vanity land.. IT'S MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE. LOL
FIGHT ON

Return to General Chat