San Jack Humor

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

San Jack Humor

Postby Perry » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 am

Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Rick M » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:51 am

It's all relative but is anyone up for a first ascent of "the Nose"?
Rick M

Postby cynthia23 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:05 am

Great Pix, GrandmasterP! But after enough hours on the trail, I see faces in the mountain even without photo-shop! :)

Thanks for the chuckle ....
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby kevin trieu » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:52 pm

Rick, I'm afraid there won't be any FA opportunities on "the nose" as that's aka snow creek. :)
kevin trieu

Postby Rick M » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:46 pm

I don't know about that Kevin, I've been up there a few times in the seventies when you could still get permits from the water company and using Robinson's book as a guide but from everything I heard before and since, everyone took the various snow chutes up. If you look carefully at Perry's pic, I'm not sure if "Albert's Nose" ridge route has ever been done or will be what with the ban now on going up Snow Creek for keeping Palm Springs water safe (we did it by getting permission when that was allowed).

And FAs can be done anywhere. I remember when working for REI some of the "neophyte" employees were drooling over an article in Climbing magazine about a new route put up by one of the employees on Suicide Rock. No way I said since every line/face has already been done. In reading the description it was like three feet left and four feet right of some pre-existing routes. And it was listed as a FA with name and rating. So you see, anything can still have FAs on it. :)

ps I believe in "personal" FAs but not FAs in general nowadays...seen too many things claimed as FAs that had been done previously by climbers even before my time.
Rick M

Return to General Chat